The Museum of the Future, one of Dubai’s most iconic buildings, stands proudly along the city’s expressway, Sheikh Zayed Road. The museum, founded via the Dubai Future Foundation and inaugurated on February 22, 2022, analyses how society can evolve in the following decades via the application of science and technology.
One of the (relatively) new attractions in Dubai, this museum is referred to as a “living museum” because it blends features of the traditional exhibitions, the immersive theatre, and themed attractions, allowing visitors to gaze beyond the present and into the boundless possibilities of the future. The Museum Of The Future’s interiors are a visual feast that may make you feel as if you are in a dream.
From faraway occupations on the space station to ways in which ecosystems can be saved some 49 years from now, the experience is both fun and enlightening. The two-hour experience in the museum is intended to provoke thought and leave guests pondering what efforts might be taken today to achieve a better future.
Museum of the Future Timings
One hour before closing, entrance is closed.
Entrance Ticket – 145 AED for children aged 3 and above.
Admission is free for kids below three years and people who are disabled.
For Concessions- Kindly take a valid photo ID.
You may easily take the metro towards the Emirates Tower Station and then can walk the remaining distance to your destination along Sheikh Zayed Road.
You can either rent a car or use a cab service in the area where you are staying.
Best Time to Visit the Museum of the Future
The best time to visit the Museum of the Future is in the morning when the crowds are usually lighter. This could be the ideal time to investigate the museum exhibits & other items without being disturbed.
Checkout the Unique Architecture
The seven-story, pillar-free structure covers an area of about 30,000 square metres and is considered an engineering wonder. It is one of the most streamlined structures in the world, having no sharp edges on its exterior structure and rising to a height of 77 metres. Notably, Emirati artist Mattar bin Lahej sculpted the stainless-steel facade, which is adorned with encouraging slogans in Arabic calligraphy. It is powered by 4,000 megawatts of solar-generated electricity generated by solar panels. The museum was conceived by architect Shaun Killa, but its construction was handled via the Dubai Future Foundation.
It uses cutting-edge technology in augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, big data analysis, and human-machine interaction to address numerous issues about humanity’s future, cities, societies, and life on Earth, all the way to outer space. It also comprises education, innovation laboratories, health, energy, and transportation, smart cities, a permanent museum of future breakthroughs, and laboratories for generating & testing new ideas, especially in development sectors related to key societal concerns. The trip to the space as well as how we might use space travel is a major component of the exhibit. On one of the museum’s levels, there is also a focus on genetics and DNA sampling.
Distinct Experiences for All
The museum features different floors dedicated to different types of activities. Three floors of immersive installations to explore the potential futures of ecosystems, space resource development and biotechnology. One of the floors highlights wellness, health, and spirituality. Another floor throws light on the near-future technology that will revolutionize our planet by tackling issues like health, water, food, transportation, and energy. The last floor is dedicated to children, who are free to explore and solve obstacles in their own distinct way in order to become our “future heroes.”
What awaits inside the Museum of the Future?
- OSS Hope- The OSS Hope is without a doubt the most intriguing section of this museum. If you have ever wanted to go to space, now is your chance! When you enter this NASA-approved space station model, you are 600 kilometers above the planet. Look out the window to see the moon & other planets. It is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- The Vault of Life- Step into a DNA library containing the DNA of countless species & natural wonders! This exhibit enables you to investigate and learn about biological phenomena. What’s the best part? It inspires and provides ways for you to contribute to the worldwide effort to heal the effects of climate change. It is, undoubtedly, one of the finest displays in the museum.
- Heal Institute- Through this mixed reality recreation, you may immerse yourself in the Amazon rainforest’s depths. You will be able to see the various species that live in the jungles. In reality, thousands of living organisms and insects that are undetectable to the naked sight can be seen. The major goal is to demonstrate how humans may use artificial intelligence and biotechnology to heal the ecosystem.
- Tomorrow Today- Discover cutting-edge innovations from the world’s top innovators and thinkers. The exhibition is a constantly changing presentation of technologies that have the potential to change the world. You can learn about how corporations and researchers from across the world are addressing the most pressing concerns, such as environmental issues, social phenomena, and human health.
- AI Waha Wellness Zone- A futuristic Spa dedicated to innovative sound and light therapies that enable you in reconnecting with your mind, soul, and body while disconnecting from the digital world. You can experience the healing effects of all senses with exhibits like the Sand Bath, Connections Therapy, Ultrasonic Therapy, and the meditation area.
- Future Heroes- If you have not already guessed, here is a section dedicated to the future heroes, youngsters! The exhibitions here offer three basic experiences for children: Imagine, Design, & Build. To stimulate creativity, collaboration, and communication, the children are required to execute certain missions with other visitors. They will be awarded a badge once they have completed the task. If your children were never fans of museums before, they will undoubtedly be now!
- Talk and Discussion Panel- We have already stated that, in contrast to Illusion Museum Dubai or other museum, the Museum of The Future is about more than just exhibits. The discussion panels & talk sessions help to drive home the message. Visitors can participate in discussions with innovators and scientists about the deep sea, space, and other themes.
Tips to Visit the Museum of the Future
- The museum’s first level is dedicated to the outer space as well as the space technology’s future.
- There is a portion of the museum dedicated to children, where they can participate in games, activities, & workshops that focus to treat children as future leaders.
- Make sure to engage with all of the museum’s exhibits and inquire about upcoming workshops and special exhibitions.
- You can also join up for specific courses at the museum on AI, robots, aviation, climate control technology, and other areas.
- Make sure to reserve your museum tickets ahead of time.