Many would agree that visiting Dubai is like visiting a wonderland. The city is dotted with unique architectural marvels, such as Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, etc. They are all spectacular examples of the same. However, Dubai does not just outshine the architectural department. The city has also achieved remarkable feats in the entertainment sector and is home to world-class theme parks and other leisure avenues. The IMG Worlds of Adventure is one of the most popular among them.
If Dubai is a wonderland, the IMG Worlds of Adventure is a wonderland within a wonderland. A colossal indoor theme park, IMG World is one of the top attractions in Dubai. It is a cool entertainment destination to have jaw-dropping fun and escape the city’s heat. It gives you access to a world where you can leave your everyday worries behind and immerse yourself in a fantastic make-believe world. You get to meet your favorite fictional characters and enjoy some of the world’s most thrilling roller coasters and joy rides.
If you are visiting Dubai soon, you must include the IMG Worlds of Adventure in your itinerary. Let us unravel all you need about the IMG Worlds of Adventure.
- The World’s Largest Indoor Theme Park
Spanning 1.5 million square feet, IMG Worlds of Adventure is the largest indoor theme park in the world. To give you a rough idea, this theme park covers half the area of Vatican City. Being a huge theme park, IMG Worlds of Adventure can easily accommodate 20,000 guests daily. As the theme park is indoors, it is completely temperature controlled. In other words, the IMG Worlds of Adventure is fully air-conditioned, making it a place you can visit throughout the year, especially during the summers when exploring the outdoor attractions during the day becomes impossible.
2. Built at the Cost of USD 1 Billion
The IMG Worlds of Adventure is a part of Dubailand and was built by Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari (IMG) Group. Measuring as high as a 10-story building, this theme park was built at the cost of USD 1 billion. The IMG Worlds of Adventure opened its doors to the public on August 31, 2016. Millions of people visit the IMG Worlds every year, and it is a favorite among locals, expats, and tourists.
3. Four Mind-Blowing Theme Zones
The IMG Worlds of Adventure is divided into six zones, out of which four are themed zones. IMG Boulevard, Marvel, Cartoon Network, and Lost Valley are the four themed zones of the theme park. Apart from these, you will also find the IMG Kids Zone and the Novo Cinemas here. The theme park has more than 22 thrilling rides, rollercoasters, and numerous fun attractions. In this truly impressive park, you will find something for everyone.
- The Thrilling Marvel Zone
Experience adventure and thrill in the Marvel Zone of the IMG Worlds of Adventure. Join your favorite Marvel superheroes as they fight evil at the Marvel Universe. This zone is a haven for Marvel fans, as all the rides are based on the most popular Marvel movies and characters. What’s more? You get to meet and even click pictures with your favorite superheroes, including the Hulk, Spider-Man, the Avengers, Iron Man, etc., during the Meet and Greet several times throughout the day. Here are some of the rides that you will get to enjoy at the Marvel Zone:
- Avengers Battle of Ultron: Join the war against Ultron along with Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Black Widow, Thor, and Hawkeye.
- Hulk Epsilon Base 3D: Enjoy Hulk’s battle against his deadliest enemy at the 360-degree, state-of-the-art stereoscopic cinema dome.
- Spider-Man Doc Ock’s Revenge: Join Spider-Man as he tries to stop Doctor Octopus from stealing the energy supply in the city.
- Thor Thunder Spin: Enjoy a ride on this dizzying roller coaster while Thor tries to save you from the clutches of Loki.
- Avengers Flight of the Quinjets: A super-fun ride, the Avengers Flight of the Quinjets is apt for people of all ages.
- The Exciting Cartoon Network Zone
If you visit IMG Worlds of Adventure with your kids, you cannot miss checking out the Cartoon Network Zone. The place is filled with roller coasters and joy rides based on some of the most popular shows and characters of Cartoon Network, like The Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Finn & Jake, etc. You also get to meet your favorite cartoon characters here. Some of the best rides you can find here are as follows:
- The Powerpuff Girl- Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage: You will have a great time here joining Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup as they try to save the world from Mojo Jojo’s evil robot creation.
- Ben 10 5D Hero Time: Enjoy the multi-sensory adventure and pulse-racing action with Ben and Rook at Plumber Headquarters, where you undergo plumber training while battling the evil villain Khyber TheHuntsman.
- Adventure Time- The Tide of 000 with Finn & Jake: Go on a fun ride with Finn & Jake on Adventure Time, where you will get to meet different kingdoms, princesses, the Ice King, and many interesting characters. The ride will also give you a unique view of the Cartoon Network Zone.
- The Amazing Ride of Gumball: Help Gumball and Darwin control their school science project as it creates chaos in the town of Elmore.
- LazyTown: LazyTown is packed with fun adventures that kids will love. Allow your kids to explore them by climbing, dancing, and indulging in interactive games and attractions here.
- The Adventurous Lost Valley Zone
Enter the prehistoric world of dinosaurs at the Lost Valley Zone. Spread around 700,000 square feet, this zone will take you back to when dinosaurs roamed Earth. The place is filled with dinosaur-themed rides, roller coasters, and activities that will keep you on edge. You will see more than 69 sets of animatronic dinosaurs in this zone. Here are some of the must-try attractions of the Lost Valley Zone:
- The Velociraptor: Known to be the most adventurous and fastest roller coaster in the IMG Worlds of Adventure, the Velociraptor begins in the jungles of the Lost Valleypopulated with a variety of dinosaurs. IMG Worlds of Adventure’s signature ride runs at 62 mph. Hold on to your seats as this roller coaster takes you through various loops, twists, and turns that will give you an adrenaline rush.
- Forbidden Territory: The Forbidden Territory takes you on a ride to the past and gives you a chance to see some interesting but scary-looking life-size dinosaurs.
- Dino Carousel: A joy ride ideal for the entire family, the Dino Carousel is a one-of-a-kind carousel.
- Predator: Another jungle ride; the Predator will not stop you from screaming as it takes you through the endless rolls, twists, and loops.
- Adventure Fortress: Kids will have a fun time exploring the Adventure Fortress, where they get to climb ladders and nets, pass through tunnels, and go down slides.
- The IMG Boulevard
The IMG Boulevard can be called the park’s central region, which is also the welcome zone. Apart from giving access to all the theme park zones, IMG Boulevard also has some of the best dining and shopping avenues. Flavors of Arabia, Samosa House, Popcorn Factory, Boulevard Gourmet, and The Coffeehouse are a few of the restaurants you can try here. Moreover, you can enjoy some retail therapy at the Haunted Hotel Store, World of Candy, Courage & Kind, IMG Emporium, and Adventure Photography.
- The Fun IMG Kids Zone
A relatively new addition to the IMG Worlds of Adventure is the IMG Kids Zone. While the rest of the theme park is filled with adventurous rides and attractions, the IMG Kids Zone is meant just for the tiny tots and the children who are too little for the thrilling rides. The IMG Kids Zone is a large inflatable playground that is spread over an area of 17,172 square feet. Complete with a football pitch, climbing walls, a sweeper game, and numerous slides; this is a place where the kids will have fun.
- Novo Cinemas
The IMG Worlds of Adventure is not just about thrilling zones and adventurous roller coasters. It is also home to one of the largest cinema companies in the Middle East, Novo Cinemas. Eclectically designed, Novo Cinemas is a 12-screen cinema with an IMAX theater and VIP screens, offering a luxurious movie viewing experience. The place also has a private lounge that offers fully reclining leather seats with blankets and pillows, a fine dining menu, and private butler service.
- The Haunted Hotel
Although a part of IMG Boulevard, the Haunted Hotel deserves a special mention. If you love spooky experiences, the Haunted Hotel is something you must visit in this theme park. Not for the faint-hearted, it includes a maze of corridors that will take you to rooms with different ghoulish backdrops. During your journey, you will meet characters that can scare the daylight out of you. While visiting the Haunted Hotel is quite exciting, it is best to avoid it if you are a heart patient, anxiety-driven, or pregnant. Moreover, only people above the age of 15 can access the Haunted Hotel.
- Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment
Apart from IMG Boulevard, you will find plenty of dining and shopping options at each theme park zone. Some of these restaurants and retail stores are based on the themes of the zones they are located in.
Restaurants in Marvel Zone
- Tony’s Skydeck
- Chang’s Golden Dragon
- Mama Scano’s Of Yancy Street
- Downtown Shawarma
- Retail Stores in Marvel Zone
- Marvel Universe
- Empire News and Comics
- Avengers Exchange
- Epsilon Command
- Daily Bugle Company Store
- Marvel Vault
Restaurants in Cartoon Network
- CN Feast
- Mr. Smoothy
- Richard’s Around the World Café
- Finn & Jake’s – Everything Burrito
Retail Stores in Cartoon Network Zone
- Cartoon Network Classics
- Cartoon Network Store
- The Amazing World of Gumball – The Store
- Lazy Store
- Ben 10 – Universe
Restaurants in Lost Valley
- Spice Valley
- Carnivore Hut
- 360 Express
Retail Stores in Lost Valley
- The Explorer’s Supply
- Raptor Outpost
- Opening Hours
The regular opening hours for IMG Worlds of Adventure are 12 pm to 10 pm from Sunday to Thursday and 12 pm to 11 pm on Friday and Saturday. Do remember that the timing may change as per the season. For instance, the opening hours during the Eid holidays are from noon to midnight.
There is no doubt that within a few years of its opening, the IMG Worlds of Adventure has become one of Dubai’s most popular tourist destinations. Visiting the park is one of the best things to do in Dubai with family. This theme park offers a complete package to its guests, including adventure, entertainment, delicious food, and retail therapy. So, get your tickets to IMG and spend an entire day here.